Saturday, June 29, 2013

Front LH torque box and rocker removal

This week I was able to make a lot of progress on removing the drivers side front torque box and about 80% of the outer rocker panel.  It was only 80% because at the end of the day I wanted to be able to see more progress than just a bunch of holes I drilled out, so I cut the outer rocker panel about an inch forward of the edge of the B-pillar.

side view of the outer rocker removed

front torque box was also removed with the rocker panel

The kick panel and firewall will also need to be replaced, but I'm leaving them in for a rough guide to replace the inner/outer rocker panels and torque box.


LH side of the floor is removed.  The frame support is next to be removed.


The rear floor and rear seat platform were removed.  Looks like swiss cheese!
I realized after all of this that I'll have to cut out the rear torque box  to make room for the inner rocker panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment