Monday, July 8, 2013

Collateral damage

Last week I was in a rush to cut out some rusty parts underneath my car and against my better judgement decided to adjust the guard on my 4.5" cut-off disc while it was running.   I've done it before without turning it off and everything worked out fine.   I knew it was a bonehead thing to do, but I always thought it was saving time when I didn't have to wait for the cutoff wheel to stop.  I guess all those times I saved a few second were just erased when I had to spend a couple hours getting stitched up.  Plus, you can add a few lost days of working on the car since my finger didn't bend very well.

The "lucky" part is that my new insurance for the job I started almost a month ago didn't kick in for 2 more days, so at least I got to pay for the whole bill instead of just the co-pay......

Well since I've been posting pictures of me cutting up my car I figured I should show pictures of me cutting up my finger (or at least the aftermath).

Not too bad looking when I straighten my finger.

Opens up pretty nicely when its bent (plus doesn't feel too good)
The doctor said I nicked the tendon, but it should heal if I don't stress it and break it soon.

Here are the 4 stitches after a few painful shots 

This is the day after removing the stitches (9 days after cutting it open)


No comments:

Post a Comment