Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rear Leaf Front Bolts

I had a spare hour with the kids in bed and my sweet wife on a girls trip to see friends in Houston, so I took the opportunity to get out in the garage and take care of the rusty bolts preventing my convertible back end from laying in the correct spot.
Not much to do except cut the bolt head off with the washer and grind down the stump that was left.

I think the next project is to replace the drivers side torque box and front section of the rear frame rail.  Once I start doing this I can really see if the rear frame rail hump section has miraculously survived or if my screwdriver method isn't as good as I thought.

The passenger side front bolt.  The back end was about 3" too far back.


Back end was pretty easy to slide forward by myself.  It's not precisely in place, but that will do for now.


  1. FYI, I just realized that when I turned off the Google+ comments on this blog it erased all the comments made on the last two posts while I had experimented with using Google+ comments rather than the blogspot comments. sorry about that everyone.
    I just didn't like the way Google+ automatically made my post my first comment on my own blog. It also limited the people who could post comments to the blog to those with Google+ accounts, which I'm not a fan of. It also limits the visibility of each comment to the circles of people that person is in.....again, not a big fan.
    So I have changed back to the old style and I'm not switching back without a lot of changes happening to the Google+ comment functionality.

  2. Ooohhh... I was wondering what was up. My comment was the realization that you had used the rear spring bolt of the coupe to position your convertible rear end. Quite ingenious.